- Automatically shuts off the stove after 5 minutes of no one being in the kitchen
- Manual Timer for longer periods of unattended and uninterrupted cooking for roasts or stews
- Convenient locks disable the stove from unauthorized use (Night Lock, Caregiver Lock, Child Lock)
- Remotely monitor activity, change settings or disable the stove using your Smart devices
- Text alerts can warn of situations that might need immediate attention
- Daytime Activity Monitor warns if NO motion has been detected in the kitchen for 3 hours
- Nighttime Activity Monitor records any late-night motion in the kitchen to expose sleep disorders
- Track memory changes over time using the recorded “Automatic Shut Offs” of the stove
- Handy daily calendarshows if and when the stove is being used to show changes in eating habits
- Receive a “Good Morning”text the moment your loved one enters the kitchen for the first time each day
The Alert Message Subscription will send you the following alerts directly to your Smart device:
- Turn On Lets you know the moment someone has turned the stove on
- Auto Shut Off Alerts you that the stove has been forgotten and had to be shut off automatically.
- Good Morning Message Lets you know when someone is mobile and has arrived into the kitchen to start their day.
- No Motion Detected Lets you know that no one has shown up in the kitchen to start their day and may be immobile.
- Unburned Gas Alert Alerts you to a dangerous build-up of unburned gas.
- Emergency Button Pressed Someone may be in distress and has pressed the Emergency button to shut off the stove.
- Room Temperature Alerts Either of the high/low temperature extremes has been reached.
- Loss of Communication The server can no longer see the device to send out Alerts. Attention is required.
My Home Care™ Environment Features
When connected to the Internet you can enjoy the following features
Track Memory Changes – Stove Usage/Events – The number of times each day that the iGuardStove has to step in and turn off a forgotten stove is recorded for up to 12 months back. This is a very easy way to determine changes in peoples memories.
Activity Monitor – Using our patented motion sensing technology is the iGuardStove doesn’t see anyone walk into the kitchen during the first 3 hours of their morning it will send a text alert suggesting you check in on the household.
Calendar of Events –The Calendar of events keeps track of when and how the stove is being used. With this information you can see if in fact your loved ones are using the stove to cook hot meals.
Night Time Activity Monitor – The iGuardStove will create an event when it sees motion during the night. This can show if sleep disorders may be present such as sleep walking or insomnia.
Personal Emergency Response Alert – The Emergency button will send a text message to alert people that the user may be in distress. Being located on the iGuardStove it’s alway in the same place in the kitchen all the time. It won’t go missing like the cordless phone.
Room Temperature Monitor – This feature will alert you to extreme temperature levels that can put someone in danger. The Low Temperature can alert you if the home is getting to cold due to the furnace potentially having failed and putting the home at risk of frozen pipes. The High Temperature can let you know if the home it too hot from a potential A/C failure putting loved ones at risk of dehydration.
The iGuardStove Has Two Modes for Simplicity
Auto Mode: In this default mode the Countdown Timer and Motion Sensor will be active and will automatically shut off the stove after 5-minutes of inactivity. The Electric Stove Model can even turn the stove back on automatically when it sees you have returned to the cooking area.
Manual Mode: This mode disables the Motion Sensor and Auto Shut Off features and lets you set a period of time that the stove will operate for, uninterrupted and unattended. Basically, this allows the stove to operate as it normally would to cook roasts or simmer stews.
The iGuardStove Works With Two Stove Fuel Types
Electric Stoves: The iGuardStove is always on so there are no buttons to press. Simply turn on your stove as you normally would to start cooking. As long as it senses that you are in the kitchen, being attentive to your cooking, it allows the stove to continue cooking. But if it doesn’t sense any motion for a full 5 minutes it simply shuts off the stove. Once it sees that you have returned to the kitchen, it beeps a few times to catch your attention, and then it automatically turns the stove back on to resume your cooking with no buttons to press. It’s just that easy. It’s the best in electric stove safety.
Gas Stoves: To start cooking press the “Start” button on the iGuardStove which opens our gas valve and allows you to light your stove. As long as it senses that you are in the kitchen, being attentive to your cooking, it allows the stove to continue cooking. But if it doesn’t sense any motion for a full 5 minutes it simply shuts off the stove. To resume cooking again simply press the “Resume” button on the iGuardStove which opens our gas valve allowing you to relight the stove. This simple stove safety device will prevent a kitchen fire. It’s the best gas stove safety device you can buy.
The iGuardStove is So Much More…
The iGuardStove gives you fantastic stove fire prevention but when connected to the Internet it offers additional amazing Safety and Home Care features. These patented features are ONLY available on the iGuardStove and are designed for kitchen fire safety situations that require higher levels of protection and monitoring. It’s great for apartments, homes, Adult Living communities and more and it’s also an Autism safe stove product.
As you know the iGuardStove provides the best in stove fire prevention but it’s is so much more than just a fire prevention product. It transforms the basic apartment or home environment into an information gathering tool that can truly help families and building owners keep people safe.
The sensors provide valuable information from the home, which is typically very difficult to get, and it provides it in an easy to use format. It’s redefining what a senior’s home truly is.
It can provide information that can:
- Uncover changes in eating habits,
- Expose sleeping disorders,
- Alert you to mobility issues like falls,
- Reveal memory deterioration and the possible onset of Dementia,
- Plus, much much more.
Don’t fear the Internet: When the iGuardStove is connected to the Internet the user of the stove doesn’t see any difference in the way they need to interact with the device. Your loved ones don’t need a computer or even have to understand the Internet. The Internet is only for the benefit of family members and care workers allowing them the ability to remote monitor, adjust settings and to receive alerts.
If you choose to not connect your iGuardStove to the homes W-Fi it will still provide you the best in stove fire protection just without the additional My Home Care features that require the Internet.
The Internet is a powerful tool for families that wish to keep their loved ones safe and independent at home and the Internet makes the iGuardStove really shine! It provides Peace of Mind to families around the world knowing they are keeping their loved ones safe!